Sunday 4 September 2011

Hello Toronto!

I arrived in Toronto on Friday (the 2nd). The plane was 45 minutes late, but otherwise the flight was good. I’ve discovered that I dislike landing, but the food wasn’t as bad as I first thought. I met some really nice Canadians whilst waiting for and travelling on the plane. They gave me lots of advice and soothed my nerves. After I’d got through customs and baggage I found my transportation to take me to the hotel. For a “colder” country it was hot when I arrived! It was about 28°C, so I was melting. The temperature at night didn’t seem to drop by much so I didn’t sleep comfortably.

Saturday, I experienced jet lag. I was up at 4am (that’s 9am British time). I didn’t feel really tired and I didn’t need a sleep in the middle of the day. I just woke up at an odd time. I think I did pretty well with jet lag, it could have been so much worse. After sitting on facebook from 4am until about 7am, I decided I should really get ready and have some breakfast! I had my first ever pancake breakfast. It was as delicious and huge as it looks!


I then rolled myself out of the hotel after breakfast and went to have a look at the mall around the corner. I needed to get the various items which I didn’t want to carry onto the plane with me as well as some food to keep me going! The roads are going to get some getting used to. I keep on looking for traffic coming as if I am in England. Luckily I didn’t get run over! The prices in many of the shops are before tax prices so I’ve had a little bit of adjustment to do with trying to calculate how much tax I will be charged! I was melting the whole day again, it peaked at 30°C. Luckily I had finished all of my shopping before midday, so I could spend the rest of the afternoon next to the hotel’s outdoor pool.

All that heat meant that there was an amazing thunderstorm this morning. I was rudely awoken by thunder at 5am, but the lightening was very pretty. The storm has meant that today has been much more comfortable.

Tomorrow I move into accommodation and continue with my Canadian adventure at Brock University. I’m really really excited, orientation week looks amazing!

See you in a fortnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment